- The NE310L2 features best-in-class power consumption, optional 2G fallback, an ultra-compact footprint, and future integrated SIM support
- Powered by the new Altair 5G-ready ALT1255 cellular IoT chipset from Sony Semiconductor Israel (Sony), the NE310L2 is ideal for smart meters, industrial sensors, asset trackers, and other battery-operated, cost-sensitive LPWA applications
Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), today launched the NE310L2 series of 3GPP Rel. 14 compliant NB-IoT modules.
Featuring best-in-class power consumption, optional 2G fallback, an ultra-compact footprint and future integrated SIM support, the new modules are ideal for low-bandwidth, cost-sensitive applications that require long battery life and enhanced coverage.
The Telit NE310L2 series features the new cellular IoT Chipset from Sony, the ALT1255 low-power LTE Category NB2 chipset with an integrated SIM (iSIM), global LTE bands support, rich application layer, and GSM/GPRS fallback modem. The 5G-ready ALT1255 is designed for battery-powered, cost-sensitive, worldwide LPWA applications such as utility meters, medical devices, logistic trackers, industrial controllers and more.
The Telit NE310L2’s other key features include:
- An ultra-compact 13.1 x 14.3 mm footprint (NE310L2-W1 version) for integration in size-constrained devices.
- 2G fallback with a 15 x 18 mm form factor (NE310L2-WW) to ensure the best service in regions with mixed NB-IoT and 2G network coverage.
- Power Saving Mode (PSM) and extended Discontinuous Reception (eDRX) to enable best-in-class power consumption for battery-operated devices.
- 23 dBm output power (Power Class 3) to maximize uplink coverage reliability and performance.
In a future release, the NE310L2 will add NB-IoT connectivity inside the module through an iSIM based on an integrated hardware secure element (iSE) that is compliant with state-of-the-art industry security requirements. As a member of Telit’s award-winning xE310 family, the NE310L2 has pin-to-pin compatibility, enabling integrators to design a single PCB layout and deploy any combination of 2G and 4G technologies.
Manish Watwani, Chief Marketing and Product Officer, Telit, said:
“With the new NE310L2 series of 3GPP Rel. 14 compliant NB-IoT modules, Telit is once again anticipating and meeting the IoT market’s rapidly evolving needs, including for affordable but feature-rich devices that can be deployed at mass scale.”
“Powered by the new Sony’s Altair ALT1255 cellular IoT chipset, the Telit NE310L2 gives OEMs, integrators and other businesses a unique set of capabilities that will enable them to grow their markets and expanding into new ones.”
The post Telit Launches NE310L2 Series of NB-IoT Modules for Power- and Cost-Sensitive IoT Applications appeared first on IoT Business News.