Artificial Intelligence (AI) is an umbrella term that refers to computer technology and software. Artificial Intelligence primarily appears to be intelligent and can do things that would typically require human intelligence. The technologies for Artificial Intelligence include Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Big Data, Robotics, and more.
You might think of AI as personal digital assistants like Siri, google image recognition, or the future of self-driving cars. The reality is that artificial intelligence is much broader than that. It is used to help diagnose diseases, detect credit card fraud, assist you in making a reservation, and make recommendations on Netflix, Amazon, and Pandora.
As Andrew Ng put it in his 2017 talk, Artificial Intelligence is the New Electricity, “Just as electricity transformed almost everything 100 years ago, today I actually have a hard time thinking of an industry that I don’t think AI will transform in the next several years.”
Here is a list of the top 20 Artificial Intelligence Speakers to have at your next event.
- Noelle Silver is the Vice President of Digital Technology at National Public Radio and a passionate technical evangelist. For more than 20 years, Noelle has been a trainer, architect, and transformer with some of the world’s largest tech companies and has worked on projects ranging from conversational Artificial Intelligence to cloud transformation. Prior to joining NPR, she worked at Microsoft and Amazon.
- Max Tegmark is a Professor at MIT doing physics & AI research and the best-selling author of Life 3.0: Being Human in The Age of Artificial Intelligence. Max speaks on subjects ranging from precision cosmology, the ultimate nature of reality, and what will happen once machines outsmart us at all tasks.
- Yoshua Bengio is a Machine learning researcher and Full professor at Université de Montréal. Recognized as one of the world’s leading experts in artificial intelligence and a pioneer in deep learning, he speaks about the social impacts of AI and for the Responsible Development of Artificial Intelligence.
- Neil Sahota is an IBM Master Inventor, United Nations Artificial Intelligence subject matter expert, and Faculty at UC Irvine. Neil speaks on The Hype and the Real Power of AI, Responsible AI, and AI for Social Good.
- Cathy Hackl is a leading female futurist specializing in the impact emerging technology is having on communications and business. For 2 straight years in a row, LinkedIn has named her one of the Top 10 Technology Voices on the platform globally. She’s a sought after speaker and thought leader, and speaks on subjects ranging from Artificial Humans, Augmented Reality, Brain-Machine Interface, the Augmented Workforce, Virtual Humans, Artificial Intelligence in Business, and Strategic Foresight.
- Suzanne Gildert is Founder and co-CEO of Sanctuary.ai, previously co-founder of Kindred AI. Suzanne’s dream is to create robots that are indistinguishable from humans and is an expert on topics ranging from AI, superconducting microprocessors and quantum machine learning.
- Lauren Kunze is CEO at Pandorabots, Inc. the world’s leading platform for building and deploying artificially intelligent chatbots. Lauren speaks about chatbots and AI at conferences like Mobile World Congress and South by Southwest and for publications like TechCrunch and Quartz.
- Nick Bostrom is a Professor at Oxford University, where he is the founding director of the Future of Humanity Institute and director of the Strategic Artificial Intelligence Research Center. His talks discuss how to structure our thinking about the really big picture and how the coming machine intelligence revolution will change society and the economy.
- Hilary Mason is the founder of Fast Forward Labs and Data Scientist in Residence at Accel Partners. Hilary speaks about Machine learning and AI and its tremendous potential to transform enterprises.
- Swami Sivasubramanian is VP, Machine Learning, Amazon Web Services, and is considered a pioneer in cloud computing. Swami speaks on the adoption of artificial intelligence and data science by making it available for developers, corporations, and laymen alike.
- Anita Schjøll Brede is CEO and Co-founder at Iris.ai: Artificial Intelligence for academics and chemists. Anita speaks on Artificial Intelligence in general, Scientific publishing, running a startup, disrupting entire industries, and all things future of technology with a focus on ethics.
- Allie K Miller is the US Head of AI Business Development, Startups, and Venture Capital at Amazon. Allie was recently named Forbes “AI Innovator of the Year”, LinkedIn Top Voice for Technology, and serves as National Ambassador for AAAS and Advancing Women in Product.
- Franziska Bell is the Head of Data Science Platforms at Uber. Fran speaks on AI applications as varied as forecasting, anomaly detection, Natural Language Processing, conversational AI, experimentation, segmentation, and more.
- Pranav Mistry is the CEO of NEON, which unveiled their artificial humans at this year’s CES. Before NEON, he was President and CEO, STAR Labs, and best known for his inventions of SixthSense and the Samsung Gear. Pranav speaks on subjects ranging from Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Wearable Computing, Augmented Reality, and Gestural Computing.
- Andrew Ng is Founder and CEO of Landing AI and Founder of deeplearning.ai. Author or co-author of over 100 published papers in machine learning, robotics, and related fields; Andrew speaks about Deep Learning and the Future of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
- Taryn Southern is an artist, writer, and producer with more than 700 million views across her online content. One of Taryn’s current projects is a music album titled “I AM AI,” composed entirely with artificial intelligence. She recently launched a documentary titled “I AM HUMAN” that explores the future of humanity + technology.
- Gary Marcus is CEO and Founder at Robust.AI and Co-author Rebooting AI. He speaks on fields ranging from human and animal behavior to neuroscience, genetics, and artificial intelligence.
- Danny Lange is Vice President of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at Unity Technologies, formerly Uber, Amazon, Microsoft, and IBM. Danny discusses the role of intelligence in biological evolution and learning and demonstrates why a game engine is the perfect virtual biodome for AI’s evolution.
- Ramses Alcaide is an Electrical Engineer, neuroscientist, previous CEO of Pharo LLC and current CEO of Neurable. Ramses speaks on brain-computer interfaces and the race in understanding the brain and how it connects to human-computer interaction.
- Jérôme Pesenti is Vice President of Artificial Intelligence at Facebook with a 20-year involvement in artificial intelligence, natural language processing, big data, and machine learning. As a speaker, he highlights the societal benefits of artificial intelligence, as well as some of the challenges and risks that AI researchers are facing.
The post Top AI Speakers to Have at Your Event appeared first on ReadWrite.
Original article: Top AI Speakers to Have at Your Event
Author: Brad Anderson