Sequans Communications S.A. announced today that T-Mobile has certified its Monarch chip and a Monarch-based module, Monarch NB01Q, for use on T-Mobile’s NB-IoT network.
Sequans’ Monarch is one of the world’s most mature LTE-M/NB-IoT solutions with operator certifications and deployments worldwide. T-Mobile is the latest operator to certify Monarch or Monarch-based modules following other operators in USA, Japan, Korea, Europe, Canada, and Australia.
Georges Karam, Sequans CEO, said:
“The benefits of our Monarch NB01Q module are many, including industry-leading low power consumption, global compatibility, and a 23 dBm PA that allows for much deeper indoor coverage. New or existing customers will now be able to launch IoT devices quickly, easily, and cost-effectively on T-Mobile’s network.”
Sequans’ Monarch NB01Q module key features:
- All-in-one, single-mode LTE module supports category NB1 (NB2 upgradable)
- Worldwide deployment and roaming capability
- Industry-leading low power consumption of 1 microamp in power saving mode (PSM), which enables special benefits for sensor applications on T-Mobile’s NB1 network
- A +23 dBm/+20dBm configurable PA (power amplifier) allows for fewer repetitions and superior coverage at cell edge or in-building/underground
- Pin-to-pin compatible with all of Sequans’ Q-series modules, including the Monarch GM01Q LTE-M module
Monarch NB01Q is forward-compatible with Sequans’ second generation Monarch NB02S module, recently announced. Monarch NB02S with integrated SiM is designed for 5G massive IoT and expected to be generally available mid-2020.
The post Sequans’ Monarch Chip and Monarch NB01Q Module Certified For Use on T-Mobile’s NB-IoT Network appeared first on IoT Business News.
Original article: Sequans’ Monarch Chip and Monarch NB01Q Module Certified For Use on T-Mobile’s NB-IoT Network