Offers engineers an enhanced alternative to mechanical relays and opto-MOS.
Semtech, today announced a new Neo-Iso™ Solid State Relay (SSR) targeted at Internet of Things such as connected and automated building systems and devices including fire alarms, siren drivers, smoke detectors, laser barriers, sensors for automatic doors, and safety and intercom systems.
This Neo-Iso SSR is an alternative to mechanical relays and opto-MOS. It offers up to 10 times lower control current and RDSon, protection from overcurrent including a feedback status pin, a 90% smaller package, and higher robustness because there is no moving part. The on/off commands are sent with a simple transient‐immune differential clock signal from any microcontroller. The device also includes integrated 240 mΩ bidirectional load switch allowing AC or polarity free applications up to 36V peak.
Francois Ricodeau, Sr. Product Line Manager for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group, said:
“Semtech’s new Neo-Iso solid state relay expands our platform with an enhanced feature set required for Internet of Things (IoT) such as automated building systems market.”
“Our new SSR is powered and controlled from a simple clock interface, thus reducing the design-in effort to a minimum for engineers. We believe Semtech’s Neo-Iso platform will become the standard for multiple systems.”
The new Neo-Iso SSR, TS13501, supports DC and AC systems and is priced at $0.62 in volumes of 10,000 units.
- Switch Characteristics
- Bi‐directional blocking in OFF state
- Single 36V switch, 240 mΩ RDS(on)
- Up to 1A operating current
- Steady‐state over‐current protection, 1.5A nominal
- Inrush current tolerant for 40 ms, 3A nominal
- Supports polarity free DC and AC systems
- Switch to Controller scalable galvanic isolation
- Differential signaling interface for transient‐immune differential serial protocol
- Device powered via galvanically‐isolated interface CLK/NCLK; no power rail required
- Transient protection for SW1 and SW2:
- IEC 61000‐4‐2 (ESD) ±24kV (air), ±16kV (contact)
- IEC 61000‐4‐4 (EFT) 40A (5/50 ns) level 4
- IEC 61000‐4‐5 (Surge/Lightning) 80V with 2Ω internal impedance (1.2/50 μs)
About Semtech’s Neo-Iso™ Solid State Relays
Semtech’s Neo-Iso technology is an energy harvesting platform engineered for self-powered control systems. It enhances Internet of Things applications, such as smart home technology, by adding higher levels of intelligence and control. Our compact Neo-Iso switches make it possible for low-power microcontrollers to control high voltage loads in a system. Reporting of fault conditions from the switch to the controller enables system responses resulting in a safer, more efficient operation. Low current draw allows each switch to operate on power harvested from the load, eliminating the need for additional supplies. These isolated power switches are designed as a silent operation with low quiescent operating current and a single control panel for on/off input.
The post Semtech Releases New Neo-Iso™ Solid State Relay for Fire Alarms and Safety Systems appeared first on IoT Business News.